Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK – it is set to be rolled out across South Bristol in June 2018.
Who is affected?
Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Working Tax Credit
What do you need to know?
- Use your own email address to send and receive messages
- Click on a link within your email to activate an account
- Search the internet for a specific website
- Switch between browser tabs
- Fill in an online form with personal information using drop down menus and search functions
- Create and securely save a username and password
- Type information into a text box
- Be able to copy letters and numbers into a text box to “digitally verify” you are not a robot
- Print a document
- Attach a document to an email
- Access your bank or credit union information online
If you need support doing any of the above, look at the resources below which include local advice and computer access.