- This event has passed.
Yoga at Filwood Community Centre
October 18, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Monday, repeating indefinitely
A slow yoga class designed for beginners, where we’ll focus on improving flexibility and strength.
The classes will be £5 per person, per class. You can either pay in cash on the day or via bank transfer.
What to expect:
Though this is a gentle and relatively slow flow, we will be focusing on activating specific muscles in each pose, so you should feel these muscles working and at times it will be quite challenging.
Each week we will work through and build on a similar sequence and poses, so you will be able to see improvements in your poses over time.
Classes will be indoors in the Studio at Filwood Community Centre. We won’t be wearing masks for the class, but we’ll make sure everyone has plenty of room between mats.
Feel free to ask questions during the class if you like, or if you prefer before/ after class (I’ll be there 15 mins before class).
If you have any injuries or anything else that might impact the class, please let me know before hand. Yoga can sometimes feel challenging, but never painful, so please come out of a pose if you feel pain. I can always give some modifications or an alternative pose to do – we’re all different so it’s perfectly normal that not all poses will work for everyone.
What to wear/ bring:
– Comfortable clothes – something you can move freely in.
– Jumper or blanket as it can get cold in the evenings, especially during the relaxation at the end. Socks for the relaxation is also a good idea.
– Water bottle/ maybe even a tea (if it’s winter/ cold)
– Towel or blanket – it is a bit of a hard floor, and this can help with padding on the hands/ knees, or just be nice to rest your head on at the end of the class.
– Your own mat/ props, if you like (also see below)
Preference is to bring your own mat and any props you might like to use. I will however have some mats and props available to borrow. These will be sanitised prior to class. If you do borrow any mats/ props, please use the wipes available to clean them after use.
If you have any questions then please feel free to drop me a message or email.