The Bristol Remembers event, run with UWE’s Centre for Public Health and Wellbeing, is called ‘Pause, Reflect and Renew’ and is open to everyone in the city – with a particular focus for employers and community leaders.
It aims to create a space to come together to hear how some local organisations are supporting staff and clients to “pause and process the extraordinary, intense and sometimes traumatic experiences of the past eighteen months.”
The event will begin with presentations from a range of speakers and will be followed by breakout rooms in smaller groups to allow more in-depth discussion.
- Frank Noble, Chief Executive of St. Peter’s Hospice, who will talk about his decompression framework, which draws from his experience of military decompression and managing high performing sports teams
- Dr Liz Frost, Associate Professor from UWE, will discuss working under conditions of threat and how that can impact people’s mental health and wellbeing
- Christina Gray, Director for Communities and Public Health at Bristol City Council
- Oona Goldsworthy, Chief Executive of Brunelcare
- Samantha Chapman, Head of Organisational Development at University Hospitals Bristol & Weston
The event will take place between 10am-12pm, Thursday 17 June online. You can register your interest for the event using this Eventbrite link.
Joining instructions, including the video conferencing link, and the full agenda will be sent out to registered attendees nearer the time. If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org