Filwood Green Business Park is nominated for another prestigious award. Already shortlisted for the BREEAM 2014 Awards, scoring 90.15% and rated BREEAM Outstanding, why should it win the ‘BREEAM People’s Choice’?
- The idea of a ‘Green’ Business Park came from local people
- The community were involved in ‘Enquiry by Design’ to create the vision
- High performance building fabric reduces energy demand by 40%
- Meets stringent accessibility criteria so will be truly ‘open to all’
- Work Hub to facilitate interaction and co-working
- Informal meeting spaces inside and outside for networking
- Wildlife area, green roofs and attractive planting to conserve biodiversity
- On walking and cycling routes
- Promotes the benefits of ‘green’ design and building management.
Opening in 2015, it fits with Bristol’s ambitions as European Green Capital, setting the standard for future industrial developments and the regeneration of South Bristol.